Rear Quarter panel glass

I discovered what the problem was, I finally decided to chisel away the screw on the left side the window was stuck up and no way to get to it. To my surprise the motor was disconnected and now works fine. The left side is a bit temperamental. But did work a few times so I know the connection and motor are OK.

I wanted to go ahead and do the conversion but I got stuck when it came to connect the switch, I tied to use 2 switches that I had as spares, I was not able to determine how to connect them.

For now I will leave them alone. I used a plastic finishing clip to close the hole of the screw so ir will be easy to remove when I need to access the motor area.

Thank you for al tips

QUinto

How do I private message?

Quinto,
Here is how you learn how to send a Private Message (PM).
Go to the Jag-Lovers.com Home Page, select “Forums Top”, scroll down to “Users Guides and How Tos”, and then scroll down intil you find “How to send a Private Message (PM)”. It will tell you how to send a PM. While you are on the “How To” page check out some of the other writeups about how to use Jag-Lovers.

Paul

Or just tap on the avatar of the person you want to PM there is a blue ‘Message’ icon, but as Paul states looking at the ‘How to’ instructions can be a good idea to see how the rest of the site works :slight_smile:

Quinto,
Why would someone disconnect a perfectly good rear window motor and leave it that way intentionally?
It is my opinion that no one would do such a thing. I suspect that someone before you had problems with that rear window motor getting stuck and decided to disable it in the up position so they could at least lock the car and keep the weather out. There may be other reasons, but that is my guess.

Paul

1 Like