Rebuilding XK140 SU H6 carbs - parts id help needed

I’ve decided to put a kit through the H6 carbs on my XK140. There are one or two parts either not supplied in the supposedly genuine SU parts kit or it is something that isn’t provided. On my jet assembly - at the top end - there is a gland seal - it may be fibre, I’m not sure. The old one is black, so possibly some rubber compound. Can anyone enlighten me as to what material these are and where I may be able to get them?

Jaguar-XK120-140 H6 carb jet In the photo, the seal is on the bottom left of the needle shaft. In the pic, it’s towards the top end. No such parts provided in kit.

In older kits, that seal was cork: I’d soak them in oil for a day, to ensure better elasticity.

Newer ones may be Viton: have you contacted Burlen?

I replaced the cork seals on my H6 with small rubber nitril rings.
Just buy a set of nitril rubber seal, I used them for every where I need new seals.

Regards,
Peter Jan

Thanks Paul. There were two seals in my kit that were the right size - but were impregnated with graphite?! Will try to find something locally in West Aust.

Thanks Peter. Hopefully I can find some nitril seals somewhere locally. Cheers, Lloyd

With carb parts I often find that vendors who don’t know anything about Jaguars but deal with AH, Triumph and MG have what I need.
TR3 & 4 used the H6 carb.
This seal is cork, Moss Motors part 295-200 and Moss has an alternative part 365-420 which they describe as “o-ring, leak free replacement for 295-200”.

Thanks Rob. I’ll try the molybdenum/graphite coated cork ones provided in the kit. If there’s any issue, I’ll just up the alternative from Moss Motors as you indicated. Might be good to have a few of those around as back up supplies regardless. Cheers.

That’s an interesting development I hadn’t thought about. The H6 carbs on TR3 & 4 have manual enrichment by a lever operated jet, so unlike our XKs, their jet is moving a lot, and would need a fuel proof lubricated seal.

My seal kit from Burlen Services came with the black, graphite(?) impregnated seals. Not sure what the seals are actually made of, though. There is still fuel in the brass sealing caps when I take them off…