Rebuilding XK150 FHC boot lid

I am continuing the rebuild of the boot area of my 1960 XK150. I have two questions:

1. The numberplate/reversing lamp chrome casting is held on by four UNC screws (thanks Bob). However, while the two outer screws align correctly the two inner screws are about one hole diameter too low. Before breaking out the Dremel (on my pristine newly painted boot lid!) I thought I would ask if anyone else has had this problem? All indications are that both lid and casting are original.

2. The reversing-lamp wire loom passes through the rear bulkhead. There are two holes near each other, one plain and one with what seems like a pair of adjacent holes presumably for some sort of clamp arrangement. I have used a grommet on the plain hole. Does anyone know what the second hole is for?

I have looked in all of my books and none of them describe this issues. All help appreciated

would be best to include some pics particularly re the holes you refer to.
re the bootlid and casting if they are the original parts removed from this car they will go back together unless body man done some strange things.
More likely from separate sources if a repro casting this will be quite common it doesn’t fit. There are also 2 types boot lids early and late.
Photos

Terry, item 1 on my list resolved - I just needed better light to see what I as doing. It fitted fine as it should, both were original parts. Item 2. Pictures added: the holes are on the approximate center line of the panel to which the boot hinges attach.

P1010492.jpegP1010489.jpeg

these 3 holes 2 small 1 large are for a boot light switch as fitted to the xK120 140 and are redundant on the 150 they haven’t altered the pressing.
when complete there is an aluminum panel trimmed in vinyl that goes across entire width of boot that covers all this over this.
There will be a P clamp on the wood of bootlid directly above cable

In the 150 boot lid, where the light cluster wires are there is an interior light bulb holder for a boot light. you will have to crank your neck upwards to see it. This will be lit when the side lights are on.
Does it go off when the boot is shut . ??? Dont know.

no permanently on with side lights no switch

Thanks Terry. The Al. panel you mention. Does it cover the boot hinge bolts and how does it attach. I do not see a witness hole for the wire-clamp in my boot-lid wooden frame. Any suggestions where the clip attaches?
Cheers
Mike

Thanks Morris. Yes I see the bulb.

it is a right angle panel say 3/4 inch return at bottom that goes underneath and has 4 pop rivits holding it on

A boot light.
Now thats pretty cool for a 61 year old car. Don’t ya think.
Had my car for 38 years and someone told me two years ago.
Jeez.

Terry, I found a panel which matches your description but have absolutely no idea how it fits. See pics.

This is a piece from under the dash

Do you have a description of the piece you mentioned adjacent the boot hinges?

Here’s an example for the XK 140. It’s an aluminium panel that covers the hinges and houses the boot light switch. I understand that the switch is not positioned here for the XK 150. .When this photo was taken, it still had to be trimmed with vinyl.

Bob K.

Another mystery piece.