Reconstructing a partial thread

In the old forum, after a period of time a long thread would have the earlier posts hidden and only the more recent ones would be shown. The entire thread could be reconstructed by clicking on the envelop icon. I don’t see a way to reconstruct a thread on the new forum. Am I overlooking something?

Mark,

The new software shows the whole thread. If the thread is long the system shows a slider bar to the right of the posts to help you move to the end of the thread.

I’m sure that you’re right, Andrew. What prompted my question was a posting on E Type regarding “Rear trans mount” which read: “Yes I searched. Most say that the clip and retaining washer are removed after you bolt the plate up with the 5 bolts…” The opening sentence made me assume that Bill was responding to a previous post on the thread, but I guess that he was anticipating a response question from someone on the forum. Sorry to bother you with such a stupid question.

I understand. I guess that until people start doing things like writing

Oh, you mean here:
Rear trans mount

we’ll be going through a transition period.

I think most of use just gave up on referring to other threads on the old platform, as searching, and including or quoting was just too cumbersome.

I suspect that it won’t be long before people start harvesting the archives and quoting them in current posts.