[CANCELLED] REDUCED 1988 Hess and Eisenhart v12 XJS Convertible

(Include at least one picture)

Description: Very Low Miles 21,400 miles.

Asking price (if selling):$7800.00 obo

Location Rhode Island

Contact information:Bob Personal message if interested.

Cost of shipping (if selling):

Willing to ship worldwide? No

Come save Uncle Rons’ Jag. So my uncle lives in Kentucky and has a summer place on Cape Cod.
This was the summer car, re: approx. 700 miles use per year! Odometer reads 21,400 give or take.
I’m tasked with helping sell it. Uncle is older now and doesn’t get up here as often.
Last two weeks: NEW
4 tires,fuel filter,12 plugs,cap and rotor. I have run a couple of tanks of fuel through driving around.

It has its gremlins as usual. rear windows don;t work ,a/c warm, fuel gauge not correct, temp control spins freely. I’m sure i’m missing some other quirks but It only has 21K miles.
Hoping there is someone with the Know and the dough that would want it>
I see the prices all over the place so I have landed on a starting price and am entertaining ALL Offers!
Thanks in advance! Bob.

Asking $7800.00 obo

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

1 Like

How is the top and back window ? What are conditions concerning rust ? How does it run ?

Stephen

Hello Stephen, the car runs and shifts great. The top has a 1" tear that has happened in the last week near the bottom on drivers side. Glass is excellent There is no rust that I can see.
Thanks, Bob.

Bob,
Thank you for your reply. I looked at the pictures and in my opinion this car was definitely one of the coupe to convertible conversions done by H&E. There was some overlap between when Jaguar began making the production line convertibles and H&E finished their last conversion. In 1988 it could be either.
From a distance the two type of convertibles look similar but if you ever look at two of them side by side there are many features to distinguish one from the other. The Hess and Eisenhardt badges on the front fenders being one of them.

Paul

Looks like a very nice car overall. What would you rate condition 1-10 ? How is the interior ? I would think with the low mileage it should be quite nice still.

I’m interested in the XJS that you have listed. Could I set up a time to see it?

Thanks,

Don

Sorry sold back in July. Thanks.