REDUCED: E-type drive train, with options

Rebuilt, broken-in Series 1 Engine plus choice of gearbox.
Engine number 7E 53988-9 casting date Feb 67 removed from later non-matching 1970 FHC .

Not built by me but a good engine with at least 1,000 miles by me. Everything I’ve checked was fresh - although apart from top end and borescope only ancillaries etc. checked. Has had new water pump, new clutch and new semi-lightened flywheel, gaskets, core plugs etc. Ran well, fitted with the 1970 Stromberg carbs with removed secondary throttle plates. Comes with either air cleaner for use in later Series 2 E-type, or optional early S2 triangle plenum system with S1 air filter cannister, both with new elements.

Was fitted with air conditioning pulleys but replaced with S1 style. 1970 distributor still fitted. Could supply non-emissions distributor or XJ6 electronic ignition if wanted

[Engine]$6500

Optional bell and near-new clutch plus short or long all-synchro 4-speed gearbox and propshaft to suit either OTS/FHC or 2+2 6 cylinder E-types (engine and long box could be used in XJ6 etc.)

[Drive train] $2500

Contact information: 910-398-3620

Call or private message to discuss your preferred package.

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Bump before going on CL. Will haggle.

Peter that’s a Good price!!!

It is. It’ll go, I’m not in a rush. Sold one for 9500 but eBay took $950!!!

Yes ebay is greedy. So is PayPal.

P- please do me a favor, if you have access, and measure the distance between the face at the back of the block and the aft-most face of the flywheel?

It may very well help in my setup up of my current TO bearing project.

Thx,

Huff

About 2 3/8 inches…but I don’t know if that flywheel was skimmed. Should be under 2 1/2" anyhow.

Super! Thanks much!!