Remember to check your spare tires

I took my lady out to dinner about 45 minutes away, the right rear tire blew out at a roundabout.
But it’s OK we changed the tire out in five minutes and went on our way but then the spare tire blew out just shortly down the road. It looked beautiful but was OLD. Make sure y’all check yours so you don’t end up like me :cat2::smiley_cat:

Best not to use the jack in the tool kit , carry a Scissor Jack ,and on a MK2 Jack up on the Axle .
On my first MK2, I got a flat , used the jack , was cranking away , next think I know the jacking point was going through the sill :scream:

When you lift the body to raise the axle , your putting a lot of strain on everything , far better to lift up on axle , no strain on nothing !

The funny bit was, I had an electric one I was keen to use from Amazon. In the middle of using it, it came apart and broke. So I resorted to the factory jack. I agree it can be scary lifting from the frail sills!

We carry a trolley jack - as I use in the garage for repairs - with a block and place the head for lifting point where chassis rails meet the jacking pints.