Remembering eJag magazine

How many here remembers, the eJg magazine? I thought, it was a very informative mag. with numerous helpful tips. I look forward to it every month for many years. I just came upon them in a box in a downstairs closet. For whatever reasons, couldn’t upload a pic

2 Likes

Ken;
My dad used to get it and I remember reading it when visiting. I did have a few oil copies but am not sure if I still do. As I remember it was a good magazine.

Regards, Joel.

My dad got it, and his car was featured a couple of times. I enjoyed the mag a lot in the pre interweb days. One article the sticks in my mind was “A Jag in Red Square”

Jagster here: 92XJS and 01 XK8 Yes, I remember it well, and subscribed to it for the few years it was published. Even submitted articles from time to time and they published them. Had an E-type at that time, and was restoring it, so I needed lots of help. I still have a number of copies and if anyone would like to look at a few, just message me. If there is a particular issue, I would be glad to see if I have it.

and “Rust Never Sleeps” were my two favorites.

Bob - did you used to have a Sable Brown Series III 2+2 with the worlds cleanest engine. Some tasteful application of chrome, engine decals were replaced with engraved metal plates and that had taken a bullet round or two through the hatch door?
Craig here - I spent several hours photographing your engine and chewing your ear off at a show in either Tucson or Phoenix in 1986/7/8(?). I had (and still have) a Series III OTS with a very oil-soaked and ratty engine bay.

Hi All, what are the size requirements for uploading a pic in this new venue.
I’ve attempted two opportunities, only to have them fail. Thanks for enlightenment.

Hi Craig - correct on all accounts, except that it’s my dad’s car. He still has it, it still looks great, and he drives it pretty much every weekend. You have a good memory!

Ejag magazine was published by “Wolf” & Laurie Toepel in Carlisle MA and although I don’t quite have a full set, I do have a couple of boxes full of them.

At one point, they began sponsoring local Jag events around the country with local people acting as their reps. Supposedly due to insurance issues, they stopped sponsoring them one year, so our local rep decided to start a Jag club which today is a very active JCNA club to which I still belong.

Great mag with much in depth info.

I was a subscriber to EJag in the late 70s and 80s when I first started the restoration of my '62 Coupe. In fact I still have some of the articles that I saved although unfortunately, the magazines themselves have long gone…

One was “The XKE vs Rust” by Robert Worsley and it gave me some good insights into the mysterious inner construction details of the E-Type body.

Yep also a subscriber until they went out of print. I gave the magazines to another enthusiast, none went into the trash. It was a great magazine.
paulsIMG_3540

1 Like

I have one of those too Paul…

My wife carried their “JagBag” for years until it just wore beyond repair. I have a big stack of the mags as well. I wonder what ever happened to the editors? Would be great to have all the issues archived somewhere LOL

1 Like

Some magazines get digitized by the likes of Amazon and other archivists, not impossible for it to happen. Found this:
http://lawrencesavell.com/publications/ejag/ejagthej.htm
pauls

This appears to be many (all?) TOCs from each issue?

Looks like he has some for sale:

I have some Model A Ford Club of America mags going back to 1972. I recently re-joined and the magazine articles are about the same as they were 40 years ago. Topics are finite in number and the solutions to problems, even decades apart, don’t change much.

One how-to article cited an article in an issue I still had. It was nearly the same text with new pictures.

Had to laugh a bit.

1 Like

I remember that article. Some seem to stick in your mind.

Dear Ken. Is the March issue 1990 part of your collection? If so; I would be very interested to have a copy of this issue, as I own the car on the front page and are looking to this issue for quite some time. Let me know! I would be very happy with it.

Dear Jagster, Is the March issue 1990 part of your collection? If so; I would be very interested to have a copy of this issue, as I own the car on the front page and are looking to this issue for quite some time. Let me know! I would be very happy with it.

Dear Denis, Is the March issue 1990 part of your collection? If so; I would be very interested to have a copy of this issue, as I own the car on the front page and are looking to this issue for quite some time. Let me know! I would be very happy with it.

Does this look familiar?

1 Like