So the supercharger in my XF started making a noise at idle that went away under load. I concluded that it was a bad coupler. Based on best advice on all the forums the s/c needed to come out or at least the front end lifted enough to allow access to the 8 bolts holding the snout on.
I spent days taking off everything the manuals said needed to come off (I broke a few plastic connectors) until I was ready to lift the s/c out - well, it would not budge and many have had trouble getting it loose. Suggestions include hitting it with a rubber mallet - using pry bars and crowbars all the way to an elaborate frame across the engine bay and two strong guys to lift it out.
Well I did none of that I went on to Amazon and bought one of these…
At its lowest setting its 1.5 inches tall and just fits under the snout of the s/c close to the pulley. I easily raised the snout about half an inch using this jack after which a gentle prod with a crowbar and the s/c came off the block. 20 mins start to finish including thinking time.
By raising the front of the s/c I was able to get at the 8 bolts holding the snout on. Needless to say removing the bolts made no difference - the snout is firmly attached to the body of the s/c and once again suggestions include hitting it with a mallet or using a cold chisel neither of which appeals.
If anyone has a tip for getting the snout off I would love to hear it. Hope this helps someone.