Replacement Master Brake Cylinder

Gentlemen: I removed the brake master cylinder today from the 1971 XJ6 and contacted several local parts suppliers in the USA for a replacement unit, but with no success. Can anyone suggest a supplier, hopefully in the USA, that could either supply a replacement, or rebuild mine. I am in northeastern Pennsylvania, USA, if there are options.

Thanks
Lou

Hi Lou,
I replaced the master cylinder on my 1985 S3. My first attempt was with Amazon, but they kept sending me the wrong one. They would send a remote reservoir unit, which I think is what you want, but mine is integrated. I was able to get the correct one from Rockauto.com and it is brand new. Rockauto is a very good source for our cars.

Dave

1 Like

About one month ago replaced the rubber seals in my 1972 Master Cylinder since it was leaking. So far so good. About $20 US from SNG Barratt. You might consider that option if you MC is not pitted in the internal bore.

1 Like

i put a series 3 MC on my 71. had to adapt the brake lines. easier to replace in the future

You’re right David, I went that direction first, but I couldn’t hone out one big pit where the rubber seal had set for 15 years. Had to go new or rebuilt.
Dave