Replacement of 1995 Jaguar XJS interior seats

I have a 1995 XJS convertable and the interior is a mess. Will earlier seats fit in the 95 and if not how can I determine compatibility?

I have a similar issue with a 94 XJS Convt 4.0
my leather is cracked and worn.

But i want new foam.

It seems easier to buy new leather, I am having a harder time finding new seat pad foam.

Go to a foam store…they have them, you just don’t know about them. And buy a cheap electric knife.

Remove the pieces from one seat and make two sets, slightly larger, out of the new foam. Its a very forgiving process. Does not have to be perfect, just an honest effort will guarantee success. It really wasn’t that hard at all.

1 Like

I have seen foams, leathers and diaphrams at world upholstery.

The '95-'96 seats have their own “style”, if that makes a difference (if only in appearance)

Thanks Paul for the comeback. I was lucky and did find a good pair of the older style seats locally Will pick them up tomorrow morning. Now to find the fuse that controls the moving of the seats so they can be removed. lol

Curious as to your source for them. I have been looking all over for another (doeskin) driver’s seat for Superblue, but no luck … :frowning_face:

Paul, have you tried Paul’s Jaguar in Florida?

No. Does he deal in any (used) XJS seats? :confused: I always think of him as having new stuff (only), for some reason …

There’s only one way to find out…call him.

Hi Paul. I picked them up from as old time builder who was to put them in a Nova but changed his mind. Sorry to tell you they were very reasonable and darn near perfect with only very minor creasing and no wear spots to speak of. They are from earlier roadster type, nott 2 plis 2 but they will work as my car is for pleasure. Not any show aspirations. Hope you find a pair as nice as the ones I purchased. Rod S