Replacment for overvolts relay

Has anyone used the standard motors ry1056 relay for an over volts relay? The dbc4292

Take the cover off and see if the solder joints are cracked.
Resolder if they are cracked.

Check the small glass fuse to see if it is ‘blown’

The relay is basically a ‘crowbar’ type circuit with a zener diode to blow the fuse and disconnect power if the voltage exceeds a threshold to save the module.

I have soldered dozens of relays and replaced a few fuses but only replaced a handful of relays that could not be easily repaired.

bob

If only I could, but as you can see I don’t have one to remove and repair. When I got the car there was a big blob of melted plastic where the relay goes and by the amount of plastic left I doubt it was the correct one.

David,

Surprisingly (or perhaps not so surprising considering the price asked!) Jaguar apparently still have those ABS over-voltage relays available - item 5 in this illustration.

https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/uk/jaguar-xj6-parts/electrical-distribution-system/relays/trunk-compartment-relay

If all else fails, I guess that is an option?

Found a new relay at Barrett US, $38, popped it in and abs fault is gone! Hurray, now on to the bulb failure, can’t find any not working though.