Replica Lightweight, Low Drag E-Type For Sale

I used a similar example to illustrate probabilities and false expectations when I was teaching. Another way to look at that length of time; 135,000 years ago was about the time the first humans we would visually recognize as humans emerged in Africa.

I always had at least one student who countered with, “So then I could win tomorrow”.

1 Like

Voltaire said it best

‘La loterie est un impôt sur la bêtise .’

(Lotteries are a tax on stupidity).

:sunglasses:

I think this thread has drifted enough …

1 Like

Well, we are a bunch of lightweights…

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Odds with a ticket 1 in 292,201,338, without a ticket 0 in 292.201,338 For the price of a beer a week why not? Odds of me buying a e type light weight… 1 in 292.201,338.

A scene from Third Rock from the Sun. The alien visitors have a lottery ticket, and as each number is read out over the radio they get more and more excited as each number is on their ticket. They had all six numbers! Elated the ticket is torn up with the words, “who knew you could have so much fun for just one dollar”.

1 Like

This kinda says a lot …

… I’d rather have the beer.

2 Likes

This is as good a time as any to elevate this older post, and ignite a new Jag lovers furor: I never thought the Lowdrag was anywhere as close to as good looking as the original street car.

Ducking…

2 Likes

Finally, someone (Paul) said something I AGREE with…
Thank You

Much ado about a car that was never successful at its primary mission: winning Le Mans and Sebring. All the lightweights and low drags managed to prove was that Jaguar was past its prime. The low drags were butt ugly to my eye. But the lightweights were cool. The vents gave a nice finish to the boot lid and hardtop.

And again, the car in the OP wasn’t an original. It was a Lynx replicar with a Crosswaite and Gardiner motor. No part of it ever saw the inside of a Jaguar assembly plant. I’m not even sure these can be registered, what with Tata getting all excited about “their” heritage.

1 Like

You’re right, and I misstated my case: I changed my post to indicate that it was the low drag that I thought was not as pretty as the standard car.