Repro part question

Do any of the “usuals” or un-usuals, sell a complete heater for a 140? Some sell little bits or a heater matrix, but none so far sell the whole unit.

Thanks,
Phil.

Were they the same as a MK V. ?

It’s been a long time since I worked on a MK V, but I think it’s similar in it’s round shape and 2 swing open doors. The 140 heater core is round and only about 3 inches wide. I have one from an early 120, but the core is almost twice the width of the 140 and it’ll be difficult to hang it under the dash. I sold a pair of 140 cps. and i’m trying to find some of the more important parts miss-laid after 40 years.

Phil.

I had thought that if they were the same,. buying one from a MkV would be a lot cheaper than one being sold as an XK 140… and far more easy to find.
My memory was that the 140 was very similar to a MK IV but the pipes may have exited in a different direction.

Here is the heater for my April 1950 Mark V. It is the same size as for XK120 but the water pipes elbow off to the sides where on 120 they go straight up, the windshield defrost hose connection is different, and both doors open.

heater%20002

heater%20003

Earlier Mark Vs used a totally different rectangular heater core.

At 6’4" and size 14 feet, I opted to take my heater out for the extra leg room and invested in a good blanket instead… a warm companion may also work!..:}

And I thought I had an issue, in my E Type, with size 12EE’s!!!

Just to mention that some parts on that heater (Front panel, doors, plastic doorknobs etc.) look very similar to the ones on my Series IIA Land Rover…

Plastic knobs are indeed identical to Land Rover ones, and are still readily available. I used one on my XK120 heater.