Restoring a 63 Coupe, having a list of what coatings

I am restoring a 63 coupe back to the Original Color, can’t find list of what finishes were used on what part, bolts, or brackets, suspension parts, or a list of alternative finishes if its not available. Would make sorting out exactly what had to be refinished with what if such a list exists that separates the changes by the cars serial numbers, series and year.
I checked the judging guides I could find but those aren’t too specific or detailed as far as what finishes belong on what and for which series and serial numbers.
Would be very nice to have a simplified list to use to determine what had to be plated or refinished.
Also would be helpful if parts resellers said whether or not the coatings matched original or not.
If anyone has such a list it would help, even be good to add to the website.

Thanks

If you search the archives, you will find 1000s of posts, referencing this subject.

…and to add to Wiggles suggestion, if you’d like to take the opportunity to produce a consolidated guide based on the archive information, and then post it on this forum, I’m sure future readers would be very grateful.

-David

1 Like

Hey there, Sean. JCNA has an originality guide for the Series 1 E-type. A good place to start.

http://www.jcna.com/library/tech/tech0007.html

Thanks, that will help. I had down loaded the judging guide but this is different and more useful.