Retro-installing factory CD changer

My 2002 X Type did not have a factory fit CD changer. I have acquired a changer out of a wrecked X Type. Unfortunately, when I went to install it, I found that the fiber optic cable had not been pre-installed at the factory. Does anyone on the list know of a source for the cable? Also, on the 02, where was the changer installed?

Thanks. Grahame

I have never seen an X-Type without a BOF (D2B) cable routed to the boot. You will need to remove all the interior trim on the left side of the boot area to locate the BOF and electrical harness. It could be taped to a harness and hidden from sight. There was a mounting kit we had to use to install the unit. It came with all the required brackets and trim.

You will likely need the Radio head unit configured to accept the CDDJ as an input.

There was a good write-up about this but it is a .pdf and I cannot attach the file to the forum.
The article begins…

Linking D2B Fibre Optic Cables
If your vehicle has no existing devices on the Fibre Optic ring, i.e. there is no CD Changer, Navigation Unit, or Jaguar Voice you will find the Fibre Optic connector near the foam wrapped bundle of connectors for the phone. (Usually taped to or pushed into the cavity between the frame and the outer bodywork – a little searching will pay off)
To add units to the ring you will need to open up this connector to mate with the new fibre optic connectors that connect directly with the additional units.

bob

I have an '03 X-type that came with the changer in the left side of the boot. I always felt like it was a PITA to load the cassette and if I wanted to hear a CD not in the cassette, it meant another reload of the thing. I have an '02 X-type also. It did not come with a changer in the boot. I went on Ebait and bought an in-dash CD-am/fm player that came on a number of X-types. It is a direct remove-replace for the in-dash cassette radio. I like it so much, I bought another one for the other X-type. Now I can listen to any CD I want to put in as I drive; in both cars.