Return fuel line leak at round metal fitting

my '92 v12 has a leak at metal round fitting. what is the fitting? is it safe to splice a newer one in its place?

Didn’t we cover this topic already?

To recap - not safe to repair the hose on your own.

Why not? If you can’t safely clamp a fuel hose to a barb, perhaps you’re not cut out for Jaguar ownership.

I forgot to ask if the system is too high pressure for a DYI fix. (barb and clamps)

Thank you.

that was strangely rude

It’s Kirbert, don’t mind him.
Just follow his advice.

1 Like

I would NOT. Mr. Palm is the one that recommends changing the fuel injector hoses frequently, yet, in this instance forgets that we have a 30 years old fuel hose. Under pressure no less. And leaking already. No way any repair with a barb connector will hold up.

The only way to get it done properly is to have your hose rebuilt by a shop that has the ability to make those crimps and both end

Steve,

Absolutely…

I think the point of it all was to change the hose, no?

On my XJ most of the High Pressure hoses are with a barb connector and clamp.
And the fuel injector hoses on the V12 are held in place with no clamp whatsoever.
We are talking 3bar here, not 200…

Yes it would be the proper fix indeed.

1 Like

4 quotes, I must have done something out of ordinary. Cannot remember the last time this happened. :-)))

I think a picture will be worth the 1000 words here.

The OP has a 1992 car, which like mine (1995) uses no hoses on the fuel injectors (those were referenced earlier in the thread as an example why you don’t won’t to mess with fuel delivery system) and the supply and return lines have crimped connectors.

If you cannot see what’s wrong in the picture above, to quote Kirby, “perhaps you’re not cut out for Jaguar ownership.”

The picture isn’t all that clear and I have no direct experience with the specific device in question. That said…

In my experience it is easy and safe to DIY repair that type of crimped fuel fitting. Cut away the crimp and you’ll (almost certainly) find a nipple suitable for new fuel hose. Personally, I wouldn’t hesitate. But different people have different comfort zones on this type of thing

Cheers
DD

I guess it’s this item?

I thought I had one in one of my parts boxes - it was just a matter of finding it.