Returning member after long absence - new to me XJ 40

Our North American cars don’t have the rather oddly designed Valeo “Eurobrick lights” but wider twin reflector units made by Hella, which as many know, (in my opinion) are the most suitable lamp for the lines of the XJ40.
Nowhere on the XJ40 do circular design elements appear, perhaps with the exception of the wheels!

My 90 XJ40 had the quad round headlights from new. I believe that the Hellas were on upper trim lines. When I had the car, there were owners with the Hella lamps seeking to change to the quad lights because of the high cost of replacing broken Hellas. I have mixed feelings about round v. rectangular headlights; liking both but appreciating the different looks.

car is a Sovereign Has two large rectangular headlights. Does have tray tables in back of the front seats.

so far now has 4 new Michelin Defender tires, new front discs with ceramic pads, all bulbs on the car replaced with LED’s, oil and filter change, new air filter, have new Iridium spark plugs to go in with new distributor cap and rotor, about to figure out how to flush and change trans fluid, etc. Immaculate interior. Drives like a new car. Feels like a time warp…

How did you handle the bulb failure modules using LED’s?

Oh and I find this motor to run quite happily on the OEM basic copper spark plugs, in fact it prefers them and they last forever.

He hasn’t yet. If I remember correctly, years ago, someone came up with a fix.

A bunch of resistors in series, right? They get hot though …especially the fog lights and of course the headlights and fogs don’t focus properly either as the focal points have moved …

You can purchase the resistors: