Rexine substitute for trim panels?

There is a small, metal, pie section shaped finisher piece on my '64 which is located over the forward/lower end of the cantrail (behind/under) under the grab handle. It was originally covered in Rexine (same for the forward closeout panels under the dash). Since Rexine is apparently not available, I’m looking for a substitute. Crackle paint or a grained vinyl come to mind. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Black oilcloth?

Jerry

I used the vinyl from my interior kit.

Thin grained vinyl, without the thick stretchy backing material is available. I bought a whole roll of it in beige for my restoration and also some in black.

Jaguar didn’t actually use the thick “Naugahide” stuff originally anyway. The areas you refer to are quite small in any case

It is still commonly used for leather look book covers. Do a google search and you will find many colors, thicknesses and textures available. Might not be called Rexine.

“Vinide cloth” is another name to search on.

Thanks all, I’ll look on line.

Pictures of how everyone did theirs would be great. Since my car is a long way from interior work I’d live to have something for the archives on this detail otherwise I’ll no doubt forget :wink:

http://moutons.org/Jaguar/Photos/Details/Interior/

…has several photos of those pieces. Not redone, though, just as they came from the factory except for 50 years of normal wear and tear.

Jerry

I used the crinkle paint for this and a few other small trim pieces that were originally covered. It was the only way I could achieve a truly flat, no wrinkles or bumps look. You’d swear it was vinyl.