RHD bulkhead panel fittings and holes

Is anyone able to take, or point me to, a photo of a RHD XK140DHC bulkhead from the inside facing forwards, in bare metal and untrimmed? I’m trying to work out what I need to retain in converting from LHD to RHD, and a simple photo would help. I had thought to preserve the LHD fittings to make the car easily convertable to either, but I think the steering column brackets may get in the way of the trim later, not sure. Also the long angle brackets up near the top of the bulkhead are not symmetrical from R to L side, so not sure if that matters or not.

Is this what you want?

1 Like

Wow, very helpful indeed Eric!

Is it like that at the moment? If so, would it be possible to get a few confirmatory measurements?

Sure, what measurements do you need?

To confirm what Nick Green has helped me to arrive at, I’d be very grateful if you could give me the positions of the centres of the three holes for steering column, brake pedal and clutch pedal. Could you take vertical measurements from the top of the bulkhead, and horizontal from the right hand side where the bulkhead joins the frame that supports the door hinges?
That would be very helpful Eric, thanks.

Roger,

Here are the dimensions I measured:

Vertical distance to centre

Clutch 146
Steering Column 87
Brake 146

Horizontal distance to centre from RH frame

Clutch 430
Steering Column 385
Brake 280

All dimensions in mm.

Hi Eric,

Thanks very much for taking those for me, they’re very helpful indeed. I can get on with drilling the bulkhead now.

Forgot to say - it was good to see you and Jim again at the NEC. Good luck with the car!

Roger