Right Side Repeater

I purchased a 2003 S Type from Auction. It has no original key - I see I can buy one online, and then take it to a dealer to program it, nearest dealer is 3 hours away.

It has a reading that says “right side repeater” - went to change the light bulb - now all the rear lights are blinking. Do I need to buy from jag dealer?

Other issues are PO had sound system that was removed berfore i purchased but we took out the remaining wires - now something is draining the battery.
I love the car and am hoping I can drive it.
Any ideas on where to go with these problems?

I’m not at all clear about what it is you’re asking here. Are you asking about obtaining a spare key? If so, unless you have access to the Jaguar IDS you will need to get a dealer to code the chip in the key for you. Before you buy on line I advise checking the dealer will code a key they haven’t supplied. They’re a bit funny about things like that here in the UK.

When you had the side repeater warning were all the indicators working normally except for the faulty repeater? Do the rear lights stop flashing if you remove the replacement bulb? When you say they are all flashing, do you mean the just indicators or all the lights including the stop tail and reverse lamps?

I don’t understand what you mean about the sound system. Are you saying there is no sound system? Which wires did you remove?

Eric

Shropshire, UK

I suggest you buy the JTIS Service Manual on CD-ROM from Jaguar or many aftermarket parts sources also sell it.

This has the wiring diagrams which will help you trace the repeater and original sound system, although if the PO installed something else it could be a wire from that which is draining the battery.

Mine had an antenna on the roof from a car phone when I bought it, which I removed and found hodge-podge wiring work that had been done to install it.

The front repeater, I guess you mean turn signal, has a 5 amp fuse #8 in the inside fuse panel in the right hand kick panel. It gets its signal to flash from the general electronic control module located in the left front kick panel. You can replace it with any brand equivalent bulb from your local auto parts store. Take the old one in and they can match it.

The other exterior lights get their signals to operate also from either this module or a similar one in the trunk.

It would be unusual for these modules to go bad unless the car was abused or neglected. My guess is more likely you have shorted wires somewhere causing the other lights to blink.