Rise in Mark V Coupes Offered for Sale

At least 2.8% of all Jaguar Mark V LHD coupes built show as for sale today. At least 16 are advertised for sale out of 577 produced (ignoring 12 2.5 litre cars).

I have also noticed a large increase in Australia of the sale of Mark V saloons and DHC’s. Most are wedding car hire companies and 90% are white. DHC’s in particular have almost halved in price in recent years here.
I believe this is to do with changes in the taxi / limousine industry since Uber became a factor.
Taxi / limo licenses used to cost a fortune. Now, with Uber drivers not requiring these licenses, the industry had to review the situation and it is likely possible that anyone can now use their cars for wedding etc.
I think this has had a large effect of wedding car hire companies and they all seem to be selling their fleets.
Cheers.

In Victoria , weddingcars [ such as K vs] operated as Special Vehicles. With all the Uber stuff. the Govt cancelled all the licences and defaulted them to Passenger hire car,. Which reading the notice they sent me was not particularly suited to old cars
In any case the market was changing , In the same ay that young peoples preference in music changed, so did wedding transport and receptions. So more in favour was Stretch Hummers and Chryslers
Although as these have a very high depreciation rate the operator needs to make money quickly.
Anyone can use a private car for weddings, It’s just they can’t accept payment…
Doing so would risk prosecution but more so invalidate insurance if case of an accident.