Rubber Gauge Seals

So having removed the tach and disassembled to clean the face and glass up, I had to cut off the rubber seal that seals the bezel. It’s in pretty poor shape after removal.

Do they make replacements seals? What can be used in its place? I searched the forum but was surprised to find nothing…

I went with “Nossinger” (sp?). If I recall there may be some o-ring that isn’t (WASN’T) available at the time. I think I used some 3M dum dum for something on this job, or maybe the smaller instruments. There was some problem or other which I can’t exactly recall about getting the correct parts.

Yes there are replacements available, I purchased some from eBay only a few months ago, try here,

They do more than just these seals
Tony

Mike Eck might know of a supplier seeing as he’s in the business of refurbishing some of this stuff.

Thanks everyone! It always amazes me how quickly you can get help from this forum.

Those seals on eBay look like the ticket. Thanks Tony!

just bought a set 4 days ago…perfect

You can make satisfactory replacements using 1/8" screen spline available from any hardware store. Just cut to length, and then join the ends with a dab of superglue.

2 Likes