Ruby, needs help

Please do, Mark - it may haves some function unknown to me, but may relate to some temp dependent emission control devise for US versions…?

The water rail has normally 3 sensors; the thermotime switch (2 wires), the coolant temp sensor (2 wires) and the temp gauge sensor (1 wire)…

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

Also, I am getting 12 volts,at both terminals in each of the 6 injector connectors with the key in the run position,not sure why. I read this is not the right senario. Mark

Where did you read that? It’s correct, 12V on all 12 wires

The wire color in the picture is not to plain to me, Mark - doesn’t look brown/white to me…?

And David is right; with ign ‘on’ there is 12V on both wires on each injector. While cranking; one wire is briefly grounded in the ECU opening the injectors to deliver fuel. A test lamp would flicker while cranking - but show no light while stationary as there is 12V on both wires…

Frank

I would not message that the wire is brown with a white stripe if it wasnt brown with a white stripe, the wire is old and dirty, regardless, there are four sensors on this water rail, could you address what sensor the one in question is ?? there are three wires coming out of it as you can see. What is the function of it,if someone may know??? I merely need to know where to connect the other end of the clearly visible brown with a white stripe wire… Mark

David, If I bypass the brown two vacuum switch,then where do I connect the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator? Mark

You just run the line from the pressure regulator straight to the manifold as if the switch didn’t exist. The worst that can happen is that in some occasions it would take a bit longer to start when hot. There should be enough slack in the line to run it directly.

I sure hope someone does, Mark…:slight_smile:

I ‘think’ it is related to some emission control device. Which may have been removed - in which case there is nothing to connect the wires to…? There is nothing in my wiring diagrams with brown/white wires

Frank