S-type; 4.0L; 2002: Aux Water Pump & Control Valve Replacement?

Ahoy !
On the recently purchased S-type, I am working through the “sat for 10 months” issues.

1. Aux Water Pump. - Where is it located ? Do components of the Air Conditioning system need to be disconnected in order to access the aux. pump ? On-line R&R videos were not clear on either. Also: from on-line videos, the aux. pump appears serviceable, if one wants to hunt for brushes. Anyone have actual experience servicing an aux. pump ?
  2. Control Valve (CCV ?). This is the valve that regulates water flow to the dual-control system in the cabin. I think it is located on the Right Hand side fender well. Dumb Question: What type of pliers are needed to open the hose clamps for the hoses conected to the valve? On-line videos again: looks like people use purpose built pliers but, I cannot clearly see what they look like.
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Richard Cielec
    Greater Chicago Metro, U.S.A.

I did this job on mine years ago. I cannit remember if the type posted above were all I needed. They came in a kit with a number of different styles. I would recommend buying the kit as you will probably need a number of styles. It is a nasty job with limited access but is doable. Good luck.

Ahoy !
Auxilliary Water Pump - To feel if it is running. Does the engine need to be running ? Yes, I understand heat must be selected and ignition key to On position.
Thanks.
R. Cielec
Greater Chicago Metro

Ahoy !
Where is the Auxilliary Water Pump located ? Is it buried, or, will it be obvious when I open the hood and look around a bit ?
Thanks.
Regards,
R. Cielec
Greater Chicago Metro

I am a little fuzzy as it has been over ten years since I had the s types but I am pretty sure the car has to be running and up to temp and the heat on full. If I remember the aux pump is buried down low somewhere on yje right side of the engine bay. I do not remember it being particularly hard to find. Should be just a atter of tracing the heater hoses. Get as much of the removeable stuff out of the way as you can. Access is pretty tight to everything in there.