S Type Dunlop front brake calipers

I am in the process of rebuilding a pair of front Dunlop brake calipers for my S Type Jag. The large pin that goes through the caliper were rusted and broke when removed. Does anyone know where I can purchase or find these?

Welcome to the forums Gerry.
I wouldn’t worry about them to be honest, I’ve removed mine from the rears when I rebuilt them years ago and never noticed a difference.

I am sure I could substitute it with a large cotter pin.

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

GERRY

Sorry mis read what you were talking about, I was thinking of the centre pin inside the bore, not the retaining pins, have you looked on the usuals web sites? SNG Barret, Moss or David manners?

Looked everywhere with no luck.

Is it item 14? 11GBp

Yes it is. I don’t think they have them but I will check.

If not, try David Manners. They have a lot of items that aren’t available elsewhere. If you don’t see it on their website, be sure to inquire by email, as they have many items that are not listed. I believe they have these pins for some of the calipers, but not sure about yours.

Thank you for your reply.

Well the site says in stock so why not give them a try?

See if you can get the little spring pins too (item 15) as these easily break if slightly rusted. Been there - done that. Grease the replacement pins before installing. Helps greatly for later removal for pad replacement.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I purchased the set from Barrett. The price was 19 USD but the shipping to Canada was 25 USD. WOW.