S Type heater motor, tech question

Ya I don’t find it myself in the S type it’s original works good … I’ve only 2 speed 1 speed dose not function that’s ok … I’d say myself car was converted from positive to negative earth … had a roll in it … it’s all good …

Very tight fit against the cam cover… it’s interesting to see…

Just changing the polarity from positive to negative earth should not affect the operation of the two speeds. The control - if as for other Jags - is just a series resistance and not polarity sensitive. For this there would need to be a diode in the circuit. Check off your circuit against the diagram and come back to us. Sometimes previous owners do weird things.

1 Like

I’ll look into it I’m happy it’s works a good on high speed no problem anyhow I only use the heating sometimes…. I’m not too bothered … thanks

Yes it was right. So I rotated it about 10 to 15 degrees clockwise. Clears the Vancouver but makes it hard to fit the bottom heater mounts. Other draw back, and it’s a pain, is that the whole heaters to be removed to remove the fan… Is that also true of the stock fan?. I think it is.

1 Like

That was true for me in my S Type that I changed to negative earth decades ago.

1 Like