[s-type] 'Jaguar Bulletins'

Dear All

I made enq. via the Forum on the 24th March re. problems I have
been having with my ‘S’ Auto Box.

Can anyone tell me what a ‘Jaguar Bulletin’ is? My 'S’Auto Gearbox
is now in bits at the Dealers and they tell me that a couple of
bits have to be replaced as per a historic ‘Jaguar Bulletin’.

KR’s

Alex–
Alex Kitney
Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
–Posted using Jag-lovers JagFORUM [forums.jag-lovers.org]–

Visit the Jag Lovers homepage at http://www.jag-lovers.org for exciting services and resources including Photo Albums, Event Diary / Calendar, On Line Books and more !

In reply to a message from Alex Kitney sent Wed 31 Mar 2004:

Alex,

Good to meet with you the other day…

I beleive a Bulletin is simply a warranty recall…
I think if a car slipped through the net the first time around it
is automatically sorted when the customer grumbles…–
The original message included these comments:

Dear All
KR’s
Alex

Regards Greg… S-Type 3.0 SE
Berkshire, United Kingdom

Visit the Jag Lovers homepage at http://www.jag-lovers.org for exciting services and resources including Photo Albums, Event Diary / Calendar, On Line Books and more !

In reply to a message from Alex Kitney sent Wed 31 Mar 2004:

Alex,

Good to meet with you the other day…

I beleive a Bulletin is simply a warranty recall…
I think if a car slipped through the net the first time around it
is automatically sorted when the customer grumbles…–
The original message included these comments:

Dear All
KR’s
Alex

Regards Greg… S-Type 3.0 SE
Berkshire, United Kingdom

A bulletin is a document from the manufacturer to the dealer to flag them on potential issues needing attention for cars already shipped. They come in several levels from supporting a mandated recall (required) to advisories on how to do certain routine tasks safely and without damaging the car. In the middle is the vast number of things that they know are problems but they don’t fall into the ‘mandated’ category.

When my 4.0 was at 47.5 months, I took it in as advised by my service person. We then played a game of 20 questions where I’d bring up an issue and he’d read his TB listing to see if it was covered. In areas where I was definitive such as “The transmission is not right, and the symptoms are…” he’d say, “Oh yes, we have several items we can do to see if that will fix the problem(s).” If I had NOT been complaining, he would have NOT performed those TB’s on the car.

The case that proved the point is that just 2 weeks after my 48 month warrenty expired, I found the source of noise that had been bothering me for months. My drivers window was not closed completely. When I went back in, the service writer was mortified. I had NOT asked about windows so he did NOT do the work proscribed by the TB. SO TWO WEEKS after warranty expiration, the regulators in 3 of 4 doors had to be replaced (I had not noticed the rear windows had the same problem–not closing completely). He was very upset by this so a plea was made to Jaguar to foot the bill. They ended up paying for parts, I paid for labor…$440.

The capper to this story? My local Jag dealer didn’t have any regulators…they had to go down the street to the Lincoln dealer to pick up my replacement parts. And, later that month my spouse’s Lincoln LS also had two failed window regulators but it was still under warranty so the cost was $00.

Hope this helps.–
Pat

Pat Lamey
Los Gatos CA
Fax: 408 395 4019
Cell 408 221 8034

Dear All

KR’s

Alex

Alex Kitney
Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom

Visit the Jag Lovers homepage at http://www.jag-lovers.org for exciting services
and resources including Photo Albums, Event Diary / Calendar, On Line Books and
more !