S1 RHD Throttle linkage issues

I am trying to install new accelerator linkages from the pedal lever to the carburettor rotary shaft and having issues.
i have what I believe to be the correct RHD levers and linkages but cant get:

A. clearances along the bulkhead; so have interferences when moving the throttle.
B. the link from the bulkhead lever to the rotary shaft too fit. It appears to be 15-20 mm too long

Having looked online, some fit the spring at the rear of the lever and some at the other end. Which is correct?

I am getting very frustrated with the set up…any help appreciated (RHD)

I have had rods that are too long. Once removed, 20 seconds with an angle grinder and problem solved.

Dont forget the cam on the rotary section is adjustable, as is the bracket over the wiper motor on slotted hole.

Many idling problems come from carbs that are not synchronised properly or throttle plates leaking air in, as they require re-centering on the spindle.

In the end I fitted a Mangoletsi cable.

Philip, Probably not a lot of help because looks like you have a 4.2 but here’s a pic of the way my 3.8 was.

DSCF0097

Found this online. Looks different than how yours is set up. No idea if it is correct!

James is correct. I think this is your problem. Do you have room to put a washer as a packing piece behind the fulcrums to give more clearance?

That is an odd one. Not seen that config anywhere before

Do you mean at the pivot or on the bulkhead?

I took a hack saw to mine to get correct length

That’s exactly what I did in the end. I had to shorten both the vertical rod and horizontal rod to get the range of movement required.

I wonder whether the manufacturers do this to accomodate both left and right hand drive setups…. Who knows…… could be worse they could be too short :joy:

1 Like

Philip
Can you post a picture of your brake bottles with the bracket
I have my reasons😀
Gtjoey1314

I am curious what the reason is…