S2 Roadster..How do You completely Disassemble the Seat Sliders for a complete restoration?

Just purchased a 70 Roadster project car. I am trying to figure out how to completely disassemble the seat sliders from each other so they can be straighten , refinished and new rollers inserted.

John;
I posted a photo listing of what you are askins, I think< years ago on the old site

John;
A few years ago I post a photo group tha showed what you are asking but I do not know how to access them now, someone that does(administrators) may see this and take pity on us and show me again, this time I will write down the steps.

If in a few days you do not have the answer PM me and I can tell you what I did, it is really easy.   

Regards, Joel

John;
I did find the old posting, Click on the link and the photos will come up, if they are too large click on them and they will get smaller. Hope this helps. I had the rollers made out of something called ‘delran’ and it worked well.
https://www.jag-lovers.org/snaps/snap_view.php3?id=1440473605
Regards, Joel

Joel yes I saw your posting , very nice, and was using your pictures and description as reference. You said that there were 2 detents on the rail that you had to remove to get the rails to release to each side to get the rollers out but you never said if you completely separated the rails. I see 4 detents on each … so I assume I would have to flatten all 4 to get the rails separated . ???

You just need to flatten one on each rail-then slide the two parts to separate them.

Just to clarify one each on the corresponding upper and lower rails?

I flattened all of them.
No need to struggle.
After assembly I used a welder to “tack” the stop bumps back

Easy enough to grind back off.

A pop rivet work well too. Just drill the bump and replace with a pop rivet when reassembling.
Cheers,
LLynn

John;
Flatten one on the top and one on the bottom rail, opposite ends, and then use your skills to get them out. (Move each back and forth,tip one end down and it will happen) The other suggestions are great also.
Regards, Joel

1 Like

Shazam! A little nasty work on my corroded rails but worked as promised. Rollers were cracked on one end and rails need extreme cleaning and some straightening.I took only one apart so far after a day or so messing with it but feel like I have made a significant achievement!! LOL

1 Like

Sounds like a good tip !

1 Like