S2 XKE OTS Fuel Vapor Line

Hi All!

Where does the the fuel vapor line coming from the rear connect to the charcoal canister? Looks like there are several connection points on the canister.

Thanks,
Bob

Assuming you have Strombergs, here are some pics that might help. The small nipple connects via a hose to the line running from the rear, similar to how it exits from the trunk. The large nipples should be up and down, with the top one being close to the small nipple facing rearward. The bottom one is open to the atmosphere. Note that the hose extension from the frame rail is not there at it was already removed.

Since I swapped my Stroms and crossover manifold ducting out for SU’s, I currently don’t have the same setup for the crankcase breather, which receives the line from the top of the canister via a hose to line to hose path to the Crankcase Breather with a nipple for that purpose that the NA setup has. See the pics.

Bob,

You asked a similar question on the forum last year and received a number of responses including a link to the Jaguar Technical Service Bulletin from Richard Liggitt. This document contains the illustration that I think you need.

-David

What year is this SII ?I think its a 70. I have a 69 and don’t have this filter or vapor line ?

Marco

It was built August 1970 for the California market.

Understood, thank you.

The 1970 North American spec cars had the evaporative recovery system required by the US for that year. Jag called it EX/EM. Here again is the link to the 1970 factory spec which explains the whole system in detail.

http://www.xkebooks.com/images/1970%20Specs.PDF

Richard Liggitt

Thank you Richard. Good info about the cam and clearances.