Safari on macOS no longer supported?

I’m getting a “browser unsupported” message when trying to access on my Mac. I’ve tried clearing cookies, confirmed my Safari was current updated version, and even restarted the computer. It works ok on iOS on my iPad. Is Discourse no longer usable with Safari?

I’m writing this reply using Safari on macOS. In my case, Safari version 16.2 on macOS Ventura 13.1. I have no such warning.

Did you by any chance change something under the “Develop” menu? Disable Javascript, or change the User Agent?

And FYI, the forum software developers have an Announcements forum on their site, where they announce things like new versions of Discourse and end of support for older browsers. You can find it here:

Also running Ventura and Safari 16.2. The problem persisted throughout the day, and now this evening it seems to be working ok. I hadn’t touched a thing on any settings or menus either before or after. Odd. But at least it functioning now.

1 Like

I’ve been having issues recently too, on my iPhone and iPad. Everything always seems to work ok when I use my PC.

Tonight’s issues prompted me to check the Feedback forum to see if others are experiencing issues. I’m running Safari on OS 16.3 but was also having issues on 16.2. Symptoms are hit-or-miss. Sometimes no issues at all. Tonight the forums page was having issues loading. Sometimes when it would load, it wouldn’t load completely.

I’ve tried clearing history and cache, and also a hard restart. Nothing seems to make a difference.

A couple of screen captures -

“Fully Loaded” view:

Unfortunately, my desktop is a 2009 -vintage Mac, and I cannot update it to see the forum on there. So, I am now limited to my phone.