Same year different accent

Had a chance to drive this '67 for the week :slight_smile:

I love the styling on those. I like the looks better than the more “popular” Dino’s. How does it compare to an E to drive ?

David
68 E-type FHC

Really interesting comparison. The Dino had to be rev’d waaay up - my friend kept yelling at me to rev it up higher and higher as we wound our way up the canyon road (big cottonwood, utah). Kept it in second most of the time.

Much smaller and more nimble with a shorter wheel base. Very little low end torque. Brakes were very easy to engage.

My take away was that I really need to upgrade my suspension and steering column but that I really like the low end torque particularly with the wonderful country roads in Vermont :slight_smile:

Sounds a bit like my Cosworth Vega. I guess it is basically same size engine only a DOHC 4 instead of a 6. It really likes to rev and you have to use that to keep it in the good torque band when you want to get sporty on the twisty roads. I like them both a lot but they do have different personalities. The E is certainly more effortless feeling with all that wonderful torque.

David
68 E-type FHC