SC Parts, UK. Anyone doing business with them?

They have not answered 2 recent inquiries about an order for a few body panels placed last November 8. In months past they’ve missed 2 promised dates.

Just wondering if this is normal for these guys or if they’ve closed up shop?

No, they are very active here and continually emailing me with offers because I have bought from them in the past. Best to call them.

Better try sngbarratt, great service.
And less expensive.
Regards, Peter Jan

They don’t carry partial fenders. I only need to replace from the headlights down.

I would try David Manners https://www.jagspares.co.uk/ for that ( mail them, no parts on there website )
I think they produce these parts, SC is only a seller.

Regards,
Peter Jan

What about Chuck, at Monocoque… or does he only do E Type stuff?

You know it will never fit, right?..

Best bet is either Coventry Auto Components or James Lawrance…

Asked and answered. It used to be Wray Schelin fabbed all these XK patch panels but he’s been out of that business for a few years now.

I purchased from them once.
I had to send the faulty part back.
They didn’t even acknowledge receipt and didn’t want to know.
I had to make a claim via the post office.
Draw your own conclusions.

kind regards
Marek

1 Like

These are 2 emails received today:

#1.
I apologise I didn’t notice your email yesterday, It was not intentional!!

I understand you are unhappy with the delay of your parts on back order. I again apologise for the misinformaiton but we are currently in the same boat. We have been waiting to get these from our supplier since the inital order date, since then we have been provided many dates and lead times which have obviously not been met. This is the only supplier we are able to source these from at this time so it makes it difficult for us to get hold of these in due time.

I hate to provide you with the wrong date/lead time again so if you just bare with me while I have someone contact them again direct and I will have an answer for you.

I hope you understand

Ollie

#2.
We have spoken with the guy who manufactures these, according to his word the delay has been due to a large XK body shell order he has been putting together. Your panels are currently in manufacture and will be shipped from GB in two weeks to our warehouse which we will then ship on an express service to your home/work.

This supplier is a one man band, he actually crafts his work by hand with no machining, so with your panels being behind an XK order I can sort of see why this delay has occured. I understand this is no excuse and the dates in the past have been by far innacurate so I must apologise

These are words from our Man with your panels so I hope this brings some peace of mind for now.

1 Like

I posted a couple of years ago about a new upper timing chain damper failing in my rebuilt E-type engine. When days later I contacted the supplier I was in short order talking to the top guy. They were already aware of the situation because they monitor these sites.

1 Like

SC Parts? Never again - I’ve voted with my wallet.

In many years of buying XK120 parts, I’ve never used them. Far too pricey.

In partial defense of SC Parts, I have found several parts there I could find no where else. There was a piece missing from one order and they were very responsive. They are pricey, but worth checking if you need a hard to find part.

Are you gonna bare with him? Wouldn’t that go against the new norms of social distancing?

Asking for a friend.

:stuck_out_tongue:

The general tenor of the comments here is on the negative side so, by way of balance, my experience of buying from SC Parts has been reasonably OK. They were the cheapest in the UK for MWS wire wheels including the so called club discount from MWS themselves and I bought an extremely good complete exhaust system for my V12 E Type where the quality was excellent and it fitted straight on.
They did, however, send me a completely useless Otter switch for the same car and it did take quite a while to get a refund from them. I ought to add that I have had similar experiences from some of the other suppliers mentioned above. In general, I wouldn’t say that SC is any better or worse than the other players in the field.

I bought my MWS wire wheels from SC Parts. They beat every other supplier in delivered price, even shipping air freight from the UK. No problems here.

The issue here isn’t necessarily with the parts they supply, it’s their delivery and communication that sux.

I ordered some small parts from them and was told that they had been shipped. It took 7 weeks to arrive.

These partial fenders have to be made no matter where I order them and I have no problem waiting for craftsmen to do their work, but that isn’t the issue. The issue is waiting more than 4 months with incorrect information, no replies and stalling. If they eventually tell me the order isn’t coming, I may have to wait another 4 months when ordering from another vendor. Plus, I have no way to know if the next order I place will be forwarded to the same craftsman who may be unable to fulfill the order a second time.

I don’t drive with my headlights turned off. I hate working that way too.

Mitchell, it looks from his website that Wray Schelin is back in the business of fabbing XK panels. Passing this on, though with no first hand experience I can’t vouch for how accurate they are.

Click on “Services”.

1 Like