Scary V12? I don't think so

Yesterday I tested my transmission by driving to the shore of Lake Erie, where I had a very pleasant afternoon at an All British Car Show. I learned two things.
There really are people out there that drive Jaguars! I seem to be the only one in my small town. I actually had a chance to compare notes with another XJS owner!
Most people seem to think that maintaining a V12 is VERY intimidating!
A good day.

1 Like

Wow, an XJ-SC in deep blue. Gorgeous! Is that yours?

And yes, a V12 is scary, at first! After a few months of misery, they’re just like any other engine :slight_smile:

Nope, this '95 (convertible) belongs to the guy I met after waiting five years! Mine is Arctic Blue, parked next to the Allard everyone is gawping at.

2 Likes

Ive had 4 jaguar v12s. First was a 73 xj12. A daily driver in Cal and drove it to Minnesota 1800 miles. Next was a 73 Etype Had it for about 5 years, drove it at least weekly.Then an 85 XJS. Drove it around Lake Superior, distance of 1400 miles. Presently I have a 92 XJS convert with 123000 miles and an everyday drver here un Florida. Few years ago I drove it to northern Minnesota and back, a Distance of 4000 miles. Last year I drove it to Myrtle Beach and back, a distance of about 1000 miles. I don’t do any thing special regarding maintenance. Change fluids regularly watch temps and drive it as often as possible. Non use is the worst thing for these wonderful cars.

Nordy

2 Likes