Scruffiest E Type?

My car should really be in bits, being properly restored. But I am on a very low budget and keep her on the road somehow. Love it for that ! Probably the scruffiest E on the road. (certainly in the UK).

1 Like

Well, you have To supply pictures if you want your claim to be believed!

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with that approach in my opinion.

1 Like

“Well, you have To supply pictures if you want your claim to be believed!”
And I’m sure you would have some competition.
LLoyd

Society has discovered discrimination as the great social weapon by which one may kill men without any bloodshed.
Hannah Arendt

1 Like

Welcome!

It’s more important to use the damn thing, than to make it perfect.

I have a Rover like that.

Its scruffiness–and I mean *scruuuuuuFY!–doesnt in the least take away my enjoyment in using it.

1 Like

I really like it. Are you happy that a P6 is part of the best movie ending of all time ? At the end of Monty Python and the Holy Grail the police show up in a P6 to break up the big battle scene.

1 Like

rover looks very cool. We don’t have to worry about stone chips !

1 Like

Wow, weird. Yours looks a lot like mine

Sorry: thats NOT scruffy, except to the OCDers…:joy:

1 Like

Okay, I’m going to say that this example, recently purchased by an acquaintance of mine, is officially the “Scruffiest E-Type.”

1 Like

Looks like they might have pulled i out of that lake?
Yup, pretty scruffy but I’ll bet someone tops it :wink:
Cheers,
LLynn

1 Like

:slight_smile: That lake is the mighty Mississippi River, in LeClaire, Iowa. Actually, that is the site of our local British car club’s annual show and Terry arrived with his new purchase on a trailer, just for grins.

And in case any of you have asked the question, “What can I get in a Series I, 3.8 OTS for 1500 bucks?”, this is the answer.

1 Like

Was that a car the Pickers missed? LeClaire is a nice looking place. The Boss is from Muscatine so we’ve been in the area several times. .

1 Like

This one has been going around for some time: I think it is in the competition…

Society has discovered discrimination as the great social weapon by which one may kill men without any bloodshed.
Hannah Arendt

2 Likes

Next time you are up this way, look me up and we’ll get together. I live in the Quad Cities area and work at Rock Island Arsenal. My daughter is currently dating a fine young gentleman from Muscatine.

Re: the Pickers, my friend just happened to see it listed on Facebook marketplace for sale in Western Iowa. The seller was also selling a bunch of Lotuses at pretty low prices, but someone else snatched those up right away. Not sure there’s even much that could be sold for parts on the Jag (no drivetrain), but it would make nice yard art if you had a spouse that liked rusted cars in the yard (I do not).

2 Likes

Deal. Maybe 40+ years ago my FIL worked at the Arsenal.

1 Like

Glad you’ve kept it LHD. How near to the channel are you? All bar one of my E-Types were LHD in the UK and it was ideal for Europe and no big deal on minor UK roads…

Assuming you’ve still got the twin Stranglebergs fitted, you can release a heap of responsiveness in five minutes by looking up the fix here somewhere.

I’ve never had a spotless E or even close. As I write I have the engine out of my 69 FHC and am stuck on a scruffiness question. Namely, although the car is a dry state car and very solid, the underside is covered in thick black underseal, It fails to hide several large dents in the footwells, seemingly caused by some past ‘rock-climbing’ incident(s)?

They are hammered out, mostly, and look OK from 100 yards. Conventional wisdom says strip it all off, weld in a pair of new floor pans and clean the entire underside to bare metal and prime,/stonechip/topcoat in body colour (silver). Trouble is, the car will be used in all weathers and being soaked with oil I am certain the thick bitumen layer will provide better protection than pretty paintwork where it will be mostly invisible. So for the time, money, effort and unpleasantness I may reap no functional benefit. I think I’m gonna leave it. .

2 Likes

Yes…But is it a daily driver?

1 Like

Nope! Definitely a trailer queen! :slight_smile: I think yours looks just perfect.