Search function for old pub posts

I just tried to find an old post from the Pub before it became what it is today. When I went to do a search I wanted to filter by category and found Pub does not appear as a category. I assume this is because the Pub is now a category restricted to those who who actively want to be there.

So here’s the question. Is there anyway to search for posts in the Pub that were made prior to the recent change? If not, can it be set up so searches can be made for posts prior to the change?

Hi John,

Short answer: No.

That would mean re-engineering the permissions structure of the Discourse forum software, which is obviously not going to happen. Or some other form of hack.

You could apply for Pub access, search for the information you need, then ask to be taken off Pub access again if you don’t want to be exposed to it on a daily basis.

Regards,
Gunnar

I had myself added back to the pub but don’t read much or post anything anymore. Not that I do any ‘research’ in there but I said to myself that I couldn’t stand being locked out of something I used to participate in.

Thanks Gunnar. Not what I was hoping to read, but. . . :slightly_smiling_face: