Searching for car history in the USA

I own 1S70004BW, a Series 3 FHC and probably the oldest existing one with a production date of 1. August 1970. The car was part of the press show in Palm Springs early 1971 and sold eventually to the first owner in New York for a first registration on 30th of June 1971. It made its way back to Europe around 1990 and was just restored back to its old coat of paint and factory settings (numbers matching obviously). I am searching for the ownership in the USA, for which unfortunately no trace exists here in Europe. I am grateful for any help in this search, thank you.

I know nothing about this company except that I saw an ad for them in Hemmings several years ago. Not sure if they could help or not. I have not ever tried to contact them. Sometimes a Heritage certificate will tell who the first owner was.

http://vintagecarresearch.com/site-portal/

David
68 E-type FHC

This will be a tough one - XKEdata.com only has your input so unless someone knows someone etc… Our Department of Motor Vehicle registrations aren’t centralized so a search of all 50 states would be necessary and that is not available to the public. It may be that the research company has access and if they do then perhaps they could find where and when it was registered last.