Searching for photos

With the new format whereby photos are included in posts, I was wondering about having a search feature. On the old site, one could enter search words in the photo section (like XJS mirror) and see if you get any hits. Although the new search feature is much improved, it seems that there is no way to specify that you want only posts that contain photos. Assuming I haven’t missed something, should we code our photo captions with a unique searchable term (like photo, diagram, etc) that could be included in searches so as to return only posts with photos, etc?

Another problem in the old search engine (photos or text) was lack of disambiguation among terms like S1, S 1, Series 1, Series I, etc. Can the new search engine disambiguate such terms (with suitable programming) or might this be a good tome to standardize our usage of terms referring to particular Jaguar models?

Sorry if this is already taken care of.

Robert,

It isn’t a selectable filter in the advanced search screen, but it should be. I’ll ask on the Discourse developers site.

I’ve taken the liberty of moving this to the site feedback category.

Here is the reply from Discourse:

I am also trying to think of a sensible way to codify things like “Applies to SII FHC” or such.

Thanks Andrew! A search mode as described would be cool.