Seat foam - I'm tired of sitting on the floor

Here’s a quicky
the seat frames are cutting the circulation off to me feet. :wink:
Does anyone know where I can locate seat foam? at a reasonable price? Series II and Series III

A furniture upholsterer, Mark - or a car one…?

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

I believe the foam is a closed cell, that is molded into the proper shape. Does that sound right?

Mark,
Are you sure its the foam and not the rubber diaphragm / support under the seat ?
Not sure about your car but my VDP has this configuration, and if the diaphragm gives there is nothing to support the foam.
Aristides

Aldridge trimming in the UK have the seat foams listed on their site.

http://www.aldridge.co.uk/

Dave

I bought memory foam and did it myself on my S2. Fairly straightforward I seem to remember. I bought a powered carving knife to do the cutting. No way will a straight blade give you a satisfactory cut.

There is the diaphragm, mine is good nick the foam has turned to dust. Consequently the seams are starting to tear

where did you find the memory foam? I think I could probably manage cutting up the foam for the seat. especially if I had enough foam for my screw ups :blush:

Thank you for your insight. Aldridge.co.uk is a bit rich for me right now, considering I’ve got XJ’s to do.

Cheers!
Mark

Not in the UK, I have to say - I left over 20 years ago. But any upholstery
suppliers should stock it. And I’ve just had a quick look on e bay. It’s
readily available from the UK. I seem to remember when I did it that I
installed it on top of the old foam after a bit of trimming. It was
certainly comfortable but there is not a lot of headdroom in the S2, so if
you are over 6 ft you might have to give it some thought.
Regards

Mark, I have a upholstery trim shop located nat too far in my city, which has all the foam you you need,
in different firmness and sizes. The seat foam itself comes already molded , like xks might have that,
and the diaphragm.
The shop also has leather to suit.
That shop has somebody to install the whole works for me.

Look in your yellow pages for a trim shop.
Walter