Seat heaters Series II

I am reupholstering my seats this winter and realize now would be the time to install seat heaters. I see many choices of carbon heaters that even claim they can be cut to size. Has anyone done this? How did you do it? Any thing you would do differently?
Thanks

You may want to research and factor in the amp draw of each unit.

Yep, I’m a retired electrical engineer. The beauty of a voltmeter is that if it starts to droop I can turn something off. There’s always a chance I could get Stuck in traffic In the rain at night. Having the seat heaters on at the same time might be just a bit too much. But the battery does have about 50 amp hours in it so we have some safety margin.

Just to follow up on this thread.
I bought carbon fiber seat heaters and have glued them to the new foam and then glued the new leather covers on top. The photos show some of the sequence. Thanks to a suggestion from here I have added blue cloth to the bottom of the foam so that the foam crumbs don’t foul my carpet. It’ll be interesting to see how well they work since the heat has to go through foam to get to you.image image image image

What is the current draw on those?

10 amps with both on high. They have 5 settings so less on lower settings.

That’s probably well within the capacity of your electrical system.

Wooooo…faaaaancy!!

:+1:t2:

The covers get installed with contact cement in critical places. Can you tell which seat I did first…

I’ll never tell!

After yer bum’s been in’em a few miles, no one will know!

You can remove the wrinkles with a heat gun or pistol type hair dryer.

I have to assume you drive year around to want heated seats.