Seat Runners Connected to Floor

Hi Chris…i just googled xk140 seats and looked at the images… but its fron the Coventre Auto component site…Steve 2445 x 4. Wooden Seat Wedges / Taper Spacer Set. BD6113. BD9606. C10912

Ok, thanks for all your help.
Chris

the tapered ones are certainly not in an XK120.
The only reason they are fitted is to raise seat over the plywood floor from the metal floor at rear.
There are also plain parallel 3/8 plywood spacers in some XK’s
These are all trimmed in vinyl
I have also seen thin aluminum strips under the spacers to help line up the centre of seats

Thank you Terry.
Chris

My 120 has flat (not tapered) 3/8" plywood packing strips covered in leather. They help the runners move easier and prevent them getting all clogged up with carpet fuzz.

Thanks Bob, good tip.
Chris

I have just fitted the seats in a XK120 FHC.
It is my belief having done this, with no coroborating evidence to support the theory, that the taper pieces allow the seat adjusters 2442 to be used without scraping the carpet.
This latter happens if the front of the seat frame is not raised off the floor slightly.

I am fairly sure they should be straight 3/8 inch ply but yes the taper will raise the seat over the front floors

There was a discussion about this a while back. Here’s the link:

https://forums.jag-lovers.com › t › xk120-fhc-seat-slider-and-carpet-location › 373779

Bernard,
Thank you so much for the pictures. It really clears things up for me so I can install the seats.
Thanks
Chris

1 Like

Sorry Chris, I’m a bit late to this discussion - if you need any more info let me know as I’ve just refitted the seats and runners to my 140DHC. Yes, tapered wooden strip, and the holes for assembly are a bit confusing. It made me scratch my head a bit but it’s all sorted now.

Roger

Yes, straight or flat, not tapered, in my 120 FHC.