Seat sensor broken

Dear all,

The other day I noticed my seatbelt warning light no longer comes on. Most likely this is attributual to a broken seat sensor or possibly a defective cable.

My question is, how important is this feature? If only for the warning light, I won’t bother fixing it, but if it bars me from other comforts, I might give fixing it a bash.

Regards,

Ramses

Hi Ramses!

I too have the same problem. I couldn’t find the source of the problem but it’s probably the switch in the seat belt base. I removed the seat bottom and traced the wire to the plug and the control module. All plugs looked fine. If I remember correctly I also inspected the circuit board of the module to see if there was any cracked solder joint but it too was in a good condition. I wasn’t able to figure out how to get to the switch in the seat belt base. I’m afraid if I force to take it apart, the plastic will break, it’s very brittle. I hate the plastics in my car.

Joe, I had a broken cover on my drivers side belt, bugged me no end, so I removed the anchor belt from the parts car to try and swap the covers.

After much dicking around, figured out how to disassemble the belt base - best to remove the unit first, pretty tight in there even with the seat squab out.

HTH lads

With the pins out, the covers can be removed and the switch accessed…of course this is for the North American style seat belts, European belts are different AFAIK

Larry,

thanks for the pictures. I removed those two plastic pins but I couldn’t take it apart. Or maybe I didn’t try hard enough?

Oh-Oh!:open_mouth:
So you pushed out the pins …that allows the retainers to collapse enough to remove the “top” cover, right? After that, don’t the case halves separate giving you access to the innards? …was a while ago i did it but pretty sure that’s the way it went? (memory fog excuse there Joe)

Yup, that’s what happened. When I have a time, I’ll give it another try.

Seems it could also be the sensor in the seat. Does anyone have any experience fixing or replacing it?

Regards,

Ramses