Seat upgrade modificatikns

I want t fit some later seats in my 1984 xjs. I did see a post on here with the dimensions of the modification plates that need to be fabricated to enable fitting. Only I cant find it now, has anyone got the link please

Found it so stop looking😁 cant read the measurements on the 1st one, can’t have everything I spose
90 Seat (600 x 450)

84 Floor 1 (600 x 450)

So these adapter go between the rails and the seat? Because it doesn’t look like they’d fit between the rails and the floor.

Rather than the schnazzy counterboring, I think you could just use flush head screws and countersink them.

2 Likes

They are bolted straight on to the floor and the rail bolts to them, but only if the later seat rails are used. If the older seat rails are used on later seats then the adaptors are fitted to the seat and the rails to the adapter but the dimensions are slightly differant.

How can they be bolted to the floor? The holes on the floor are 12-7/8" apart while the holes in this adapter are 11.94" apart.

They bolt to the seat frame… sandwiched between the seat and slider. Picture is of both type of adaptors and slotted front slider fixings.