Seating in the XK120

I have a problem withe the height of the windscreen. The top of the frrame impares my vision. I need a lower seat. I am wondering if fitting bucket seats would solve the problem. If you have suffered a similar problem please advise.

I’ve too have been giving this and other issues thought given my height for my rebuild.

This old thread might be a good start for you.

Ansam,
If your seat cushions are original or correctly rebuilt, you are basically sitting on the plywood floor and cannot go any lower so bucket seats will not help with the height. I suspect your seats have been rebuilt with modern foam pads replacing the original soft honeycombed Dunlopillow ones. If that is the case, you can disassemble the cushion and remove foam material by drilling 2 inch holes in the bottom of the foam where you sit. Don’t drill all the way through. To gain legroom, it is a good idea to do the same thing with a reproduction backrest pad. Photo of deteriorated factory pad shows the inner structure.
Mike

I tear out about half the new seat cushion foam. That lowers my butt so that I can see through the glass and below the top chrome frame. I am 187cm or about 6ft2”

this was covered on another thread.
holes in base of cushions to reduce the hardness of the cushions supplied with trim kits.
Holes 2 inches in diameter and 1 3/4 inches deep still probably not enough but worried about the moulded foam which is not as durable as the old Dunlopillo breaking up.

Thank you for all your advice.