Second try... can someone please help?

My XJ40 1988 can’t cold start without ether in the intake. After it runs for about 5-10 min, it re-start well. The idle is a little low (around 700-800) but everything seems to work fine, exept a speaker…

There is not pulsating in the injectors at ignition. What could cause that, and how come it re-start after running a few minutes? (Im a bit of a newb) When its humid/raining, the car doesnt restart after a 1h drive. It needs ether for any start.

Fuel pump works well, pressure in good. Crank shaft sensor, and well as temperature sensor changed. I tried another ECU, same problem. Alternator was rebuilt lately, battery is new. Theres 12v at the injector but no pulse. I cleaned a few grounds… what else… all relays work fine. Theres is spark.

Any ideas?

Error in dashboard : fuelling failure 1 and 6, they alternate…

Alexandre,
You are on the wrong list. Your XJ40 is newer than the Series I, II, and III XJ6s and XJ12s discussed on this list and it has very few parts in common. I recommend that you post your question to the XJ40 list where your model is discussed.

Paul

Topic moved to #xj40

You say that you have fuel pressure but your symptoms suggest to me that the problem is a faulty fuel pressure regulator which is failing to maintain the minimum ‘hold pressure ‘ after engine shut down to ensure there is adequate pressure in the fuel rail to facilitate an engine start.
A simple temporary solution to that problem is to employ the ‘key cycling ‘ trick. Turn the ignition key on/off/on/off /on … repeatedly six or more times in quick succession before engaging the starter. That should prime the fuel rail and allow the engine to start.

I will try that, but the pressure in and out is ok. I am pretty sure the problem is due to the non pulsating injectors at ignition…

Ground problems qoth the injectors maybe?

I tried. Didn’t work.