Selling my 1978 xj6

Anybody have a places which are good auction sites for selling a JAG.?
Have all the documents since 1978 and pictures of the car inside and out.

Walter
                                                                      ewschust1357@centurylink.net

Hi,
Selling at an auction has a lot of factors. I own an auto detailing business and detail for a classic car seller called The Classic Auto Mall in Morgantown PA. they have 400+ cars on the floor inside an old mall that are for sale. ( ClassicAutoMall.com ).

The biggest thing to always discuss up front are the fees. Yes eBay has LOTS of buyers but you have to think about the cost to list and sellers fees.

I sold a 1987 BMW 535is on eBay years ago and did well but it was a pristine car.

Depending on the condition there are lots of options. Even Mecum and Barrett Jackson hold regional auctions. Bring a trailer also is a good place to sell outright in a classified ad as is Hemmings.

If you do choose eBay price the car fair and make sure the buyer knows they need to arrange pickup. Also I found that eBay buyers don’t pay as much without asking TONS of questions. PLUS buyers HATE reserves so price the vehicle near your desired price. I’d have a good 2 to 5 minute video of the vehicle starting and running as well as driving. It will answer lots of potential buyers questions.

Just my 2 cents.

Joe

I’d use bringatrailer.com.

1 Like