Series 1 hardtop for sale

Resized_20201115_145229|666x500

Description: series 1 hardtop in great shape on ebay now

1. List item

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1312&_nkw=jaguar+hardtop&_sacat=6000

Asking price on Ebay auction

• List item
    Contact information: Txhealey 007 / Jag-Lover / gwac@swbell.net

Cost of shipping Free

Willing to ship worldwide

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

1 Like

Will this top also fit a Series 2?

I believe it will …

Thx. Vince

So I bought this from Vince nearly a month ago. Paid him immediately just as he asked, and since have gotten one excuse after another without shipping the darn thing. Vince says he is an honorable man, and even asked me to check his credit rating, and do a google search on him to show what a stand up guy he is. Yet he cant get his sh*t together enough to put the top in a box & ship it after a long 30 days.

What say you members? Am I being too inpatient?

Hey Micheal … your top is boxed and ready to ship out , you were fully awear of what happen with the COVID 19 that has put me in the hospital as you have been informed with more than 5 email . You have been fully informed … your top will be to you shortly …
thank you for your understanding Vince Barnell A 20 plus year jag lover member …

Vince. That is fine IF its true. Within those 5 emails you have told me three times that you will ship it Tuesday. Three different Tuesdays… That is three weeks alone of waiting for you to simply do as you have stated that you would. Please understand that I am not the guy saying “I will ship it Tuesday”… You are Vince. But even now you have not shown me that you have shipped it.

Send me the tracking information Vince Barnell. That will clear all of this up in an instant.

1 Like

Michael says: “What say you members? Am I being too inpatient?”
I’m not sure. What do you call the cop who shoots the black guy who is carrying a smartphone?
LLoyd

It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

I dunno Lloyd. Has the cop earned my trust? Has the black guy earned my trust? Did either of them tell me three times that they were going to ship my top Tuesday?

Nope. That would be Vince Barnell who told me that.

1 Like

best to keep my knowledge to myself

1 Like

Michael, I see the top is in TX, and you’re somewhere in the middle. Have you considered a schlep to come and pick it up? I had mine “crated” and palletized and shipped from FL to TX. The fellow did his best but it still got damaged in shipping and the insurance payed about 1/10 of what it cost me to repair the damage. They really are pretty fragile items and disproportionately expensive to restore since almost every part of them is NLA.

1 Like

Amen. I would put a claim in now. You can always cancel it, but there is a limited window of opportunity. And the sellers claim of being a member here for 20 years doesn’t seem to be quite right. Certainly not an active member. From the very top of his original post:

“It’s been a while since we’ve seen txhealey — their last post was 19 years ago.”

Thank you. I don’t want it to come to that but I started a process with eBay yesterday. Vince can simply ship it for that process to stop. Vince Barnell has a HVAC business that he is very proud of. I have two pals from high school that live in the vicinity of said business. Maybe he just needs a hand getting it on the truck?

1 Like

Micheal looks as lots of support…your hard top is safe and boxed as promised it is leaving Texas via FedEx trucking . The shippers closed early today hence you would have the tracking numbers … please you know our office and my self we struck with Civod 19/ 5 days in hospital Myself…not seeing that in your feedback …it will ship Monday…and for the members I have been in the British car business for 35 plus years .and a solid jag lovers for more than 20 years … I have been open and straight forward and keep you up-to-date every step of the way…happy new year …Vince Barnell…

If this goes sideways I would be a buyer.

Searching a related topic, I returned to and recall this thread.
I hesitated then, yet won’t hesitate now.

You should have the decency @MichaelB to state that your received the hardtop as described, which clearly you have:

This forum is not a place for veiled threats and insults, whinging, or public trial by peanut gallery…

This fellow made his information public, as did you.
He appeared to have kept in continual contact despite the frustration of not shipping as expected.,which is frustrating, to be sure.

Asserting that he was lying about being in the hospital is as justified as saying that @Erica_Moss isn’t really a female…It’s foolish.

You’re an adult, deal privately in your business “MichaelB”.

Either cancel the transaction and ask for refund, or you choose to proceed with the inconvenience. As you did.

Should one be actually defrauded having money stolen, contact the moderators here and then proceed with publicly making your case in this manner.

Regards

Have you received your HT, 30 days on, from Vince’s last post?

Alright Demian… You state:

“…Asserting that he was lying about being in the hospital …”

Please, just please show me where I asserted that he was lying about being in the hospital… In fact, looking over all that was written there was NOTHING from me about hospital. But I am all ears Demain. Show me where I asserted that.

Once you man up & show your true intentions (why would you say that I asserted when I clearly did not) I can tell the rest of the story ~ that I kept to myself.

Now step up & prove your statement.

I do wish my gender would stop being debated. It’s pretty annoying ladies. I fail to see what I have to do with any of this.

And a story it is…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like