Series 2 evaporator/fascia/vents - OTS vs 2+2

Will a series 2 2+2 evaporator module/fascia front fit a series 2 OTS?

Steven;
You do not mention the yr of your car, you may consider all S2’s the same, given that I would say yes they would if the units were supplied by the same factory (i.e. factory unit). I have a S2 2+2 and photos I have seen show what appears to me to be the same front.

Regards, Joel…

My year is 1970, but I don’t know the year of the part I’m trying to buy. All the description says is series 2 2+2. I don’t know if I should buy or not?

I’m positive the AC unit in my 1969 FHC is the same as the one that was in my 1969 2+2; January and February 1969 builds respectively. I’m not aware of any changes or differences in the units that would fit in an OTS.

At some point in Series II production they made changes to the compressor mounting but no changes to the interior AC components that I’m aware of.

Steven;
If you have seen aphoto of t and it looks OK, then buy it. If it s broken or bits missing then probably no.

Good Luck, Joel…

It just has two small cracks that I hope can be repaired. Should that scare me away or not?

Steven;
If it is better then what you have, no. If you think you can fix it, go for it. do you have a photo you would like to share?

Regards, Joel...

It wouldn’t scare me. The front fascia on mine, the part that holds the louvers, as in 5 pieces when I bought the car. Repairs using Super Glue, JB Weld and fiberglass made it look as good as new.

I have not bought yet - will share if I get it.

Would these be easy to fix?

Is the plastic front covered with vinyl or would it just need to be painted?

That’s not bad damage at all. I’ve seen a lot worse.

The fascia was painted with a wrinkle finish paint.

That looks like the evaporator case, not the fascia. You have to see the fascia before you buy, as that’s the part that’s unobtainable, and often unrepairable. Also, if you’re adding this to a non-AC car, you will need the radio console.

any recommendations on how to fix this? What type of glue/epoxy or fiberglass?
There is also one post (what seperates the vents) that is broken, but can be easily glued.