Series 2 standard wheels

Makes perfect sense. I’ve noticed some of our listers in hotter climes, like Texas, say this is the time of year it’s too hot to drive their non-AC Es - you’re either steamed in the coupes and grilled in the roadsters - when this is prime driving time up here. There are very few Canadian E-types with factory air.

Jeff

You can find all the photos I have here: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?p=55740#p55740
They include the Factory fitted big brake calipers, reinforced brake hoses, intake trumpets, diff breather, front/rear cooling ducts, competition wheels (never fitted), dizzy advance cut off and 3.8 breather hose.

A couple to whet your appetite:

The car was delivered and used sparingly by the deceased’s brother before being laid up. It was eventually bought by a (local to me) restoration firm which is how I got the history, photos and copies of the documentation. If you can’t access the above link I can add the rest of the photos here, but it should work.

David

Thanks David, the link works fine. These mods on a street car are new and very interesting to me. I wish I had known about them during my restoration. I probably would have fabricated the front duct work for the brake cooling. I like the rear bolt on scoops and I may make a couple this winter and bolt them on. I wonder if there were ever any screens used to keep the birds and such out.

Robert James Duncan was an amateur racing driver and ordered the two identical cars presumably to form some sort of racing team but was killed a few weeks before this second car was delivered. 23,241 miles from new, two owners - one of whom never got to drive it. The front/rear brake duct plans are in this booklet:

No screens were used as far as I know.

David